Style, comfort and function are three key elements to look for in furniture. Quality of construction is of utmost importance when you are investing time and resources. New furniture is rarely as well made as a well-preserved vintage piece.
I provide the following consulting services to guide you through the process of achieving your design goals by selecting, reinventing and placing your furniture pieces.
- determining whether a piece of furniture is worth refurbishing/reupholstering
- locating, purchasing, and transporting a specific piece of furniture
- researching the origin, history and value of your item
- recommending fabric choices, color consulting and style advice
- providing access to high quality, period specific, fabrics and supplies
- pet-proofing your upholstery
- advising on interior design, arrangement and accents for the mid-century modern home
- hypoallergenic supplies and construction
- green and sustainable textiles and design consulting
You come across a piece of furniture you love. You have an idea of how to reinvent your parent’s favorite chair. You want to update your living room. Start dreaming. Find photos of rooms, colors, fabrics, and textures that you love. Search for pieces of furniture that appeal to you and embody the look you imagine. Start an inspiration file on Pinterest or elsewhere.
Then contact me and I can guide you through the choices and decisions.
$45 /hr with a 2 hour minimum
Please note: These consultation services are an integral part of the process and are included in the cost should you choose to use my reupholstery services.